Intermediate Fabric Printing Course
A four week evening course or 2 day weekend course perfect for anyone who’d like to gain in-depth commercial knowledge of the fabric screen printing process.
Courses starting on Tuesdays will run from 6:30pm -9.30pm on four consecutive evenings whilst courses starting on Saturdays will run from 10am-4pm on both the Saturday and Sunday with a 1 hour break for lunch. The available dates in the calendar signify the first day of the course.
Our experienced tutors will cover the following:
We’ll start with the artworking including design development and artwork creation techniques, colour separation and film printing.
Screen preparation including coating and exposing will be covered in the first part of the session. We will then move onto colour -mixing all the binders working with water-based binders. We will also introduce you to mixing the dyes ready to do the monoprinting techniques.
This is a full on printing day and each student will have the opportunity to print an at least 3m of fabric. We will supply white cotton (sample of silk) but students are welcome to bring their own.
This will be your chance to finish any printing which wasn’t completed in week 3 and experiment with speciality inks and processes such as foiling, puff, gloss, flock and the dye techniques.
Things to Bring:
- A laptop with Adobe Photoshop (there is a free trial on offer with Adobe so please install this before week 1(evenings) and day 1 (weekends).
- A 2-3 colour Design which we can break down into a colour separation or small scale repeat (Max Size Artwork (300 dpi) Saved as PSD/PDF File.
- You can also bring in drawings or images to scan if you prefer and we can advise on the next step.
- If you would like to bring your own Fabric other than the ones provided please do.
- Change of clothes you don’t mind getting inky!
To book please scroll through the calendar and click the available date (highlighted in green) that you’d like to attend. All materials are provided. Terms and conditions apply.