Intermediate Paper Printing Course
A four week evening course or 2 day weekend course perfect for anyone who’d like to gain in-depth commercial knowledge of the paper screen printing process.
Courses starting on Tuesdays will run from 6:30pm -9.30pm on four consecutive evenings whilst courses starting on Saturdays will run from 10am-4pm on both the Saturday and Sunday with a 1 hour break for lunch. The available dates in the calendar signify the first day of the course.
Our experienced tutors will cover the following:
We’ll start with the artworking including design development and artwork creation techniques, colour separation and film printing.
Screen preparation including coating and exposing will be covered in the first part of the session. We’ll then tackle registration for multiple colour designs and ink mixing with a focus on Pantone matching. You’ll also have a chance to print initial proofs of your design.
This is a full on printing day and each student will have the opportunity to print an edition of at least 10 prints. We will supply 310gsm paper but students are welcome to bring their own or we can organise delivery from our wholesale supplier.
This will be your chance to finish any printing which wasn’t completed in week 3 and we can trim them so they are ready to Frame. This will also be the chance to get your edition photographed, as for a unlimited time we will be selling your edition through our 3rd Rail Presents Shop free and will be displayed in all our open studio exhibitions.
Things to Bring:
- A laptop with Adobe Photoshop (there is a free trial on offer with Adobe so please install this before week 1(evenings) and day 1 (weekends).
- A 2-3 colour Design which we can break down into a colour separation (Max Size Artwork (300 dpi) Saved as PSD/PDF File.
- You can also bring in drawings or images to scan if you prefer and we can advise on the next step.
- If you would like to bring your own Paper other than the ones provided please do.
- Change of clothes you don’t mind getting inky!
To book please scroll through the calendar and click the available date (highlighted in green) that you’d like to attend. All materials are provided. Terms and conditions apply.